Tax Returns

Many taxpayers have missed the tax deadline for 2023 and it begs the question, "Will the IRS extend the deadline as they have done in the past?" Whichever decision is made, you will still have to submit a tax return. But if you're worried about the state of your tax affairs, then it's not too late to rectify matters.     

The IRS has an option for you to file an extension request and avoid the penalties and the stress of being late with your submission. By filling out Form 4868, you can request an extension of time to get your tax affairs in order.      



This will usually give you 6 months in which to file your return. But it does not excuse you from making an estimate and paying any tax due by the due date. If you miss the deadline for paying the estimated tax, then you’ll end up paying interest and penalties on the outstanding amount.         

At TaxTree, we understand that tax deadlines are a stressful time for you. That’s why we have specialized tax staff on hand to help you deal with your tax filing problems quickly and efficiently. For over 40 years, we’ve assisted clients with their tax preparation and filing. 

We will answer any questions or concerns you may have and make sure that your tax affairs are brought up to date.